Monday, June 15, 2009

One of Those Redneck Moments

Today, while looking for garden gloves in my local dollar store, I overhead the most amazing conversation! A young-ish (18-19) girl and an older woman are walking through the store when approached by a young-ish couple (18-19). The young man asks the obviously pregnant young girl if she's going to have a baby. She says yes, it's a girl! He responds with "Do you know who the baby's daddy is?' Direct quote, people! I almost chocked on my piece of chewing gum! She grins and proceeds to tell him the baby's daddy's name! It didn't even faze her! I swear, I couldn't make this stuff up! I promptly paid for my gloves and got the heck outta that store. I was afraid I was gonna start loosing teeth and feel the desire to look for some new "tube tops"! I know my little hometown is crazy, but somedays crazy just doesn't do it justice!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!! That is hysterical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that really is sad.

    I had one boy from elementary, when I subbed, tell me he was the daddy of my baby when I was pregnant w/ Rance. I was speechless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes you wonder what that kid has seen and heard, doesn't it? Some of those elementary kiddos know more than my high school kids!

    ReplyDelete