Sunday, January 25, 2009

Who we are...An introduction








Now that I am figuring this blogging thing out, I guess I should add some more info about the family. After all, the title is Sims-Party of 4 (and one crazy dog!). I am Lisa, the manager of this blog (and sometimes the family). I teach special education at our local high school. Most days I love my job. Not so much right now though, as we are knee deep (or other body parts...use your imagination) in TAKS prep now that the New Year has begun. Oh the joys of standardized testing!

My dear husband,D will look at the blog, maybe read some of it, but will otherwise not be interested, unless of course I mention something about his trail runs, 5Ks, or something similar. He has a good friend that he enjoys running great distances with and for that I am thankful. (Since I can't figure out how to work this picture thing, you can see them in the picture above, he's the one in shorts.) They were checking out the trails on the day before their last race.

We have a son, Z who is almost 21 years old and a junior at Texas A&M University. He is getting his masters degree in accounting with economics as his minor. He has always been a joy to us and we so look forward to watching him continue to mature and grow into a wonderful young man with a very bright future. (He's the one up there with the elephant, it's an Aggie thing!) (Memo to self...figure out how to get pictures loaded where they should logically appear!)

We were also blessed with our 13 year old daughter, B. Raising a girl is so different from raising a boy, but we wouldn't change a thing. She keeps us young, to say the least. She is very active in sports and other activities at her middle school. Too much so in my opinion, because with all of her practices and after school activities, her youth group activities at church have been neglected. But, her basketball season is almost over and she is not trying out for cheerleader again, so she will soon have time to get back into her church activities. (She's the beautiful one up there all dressed up as a homecoming queen nominee.)

Now on to the "crazy dog." Jade is our 4 year old pit/boxer mix that we adopted from the animal shelter. She was supposed to be mastiff/boxer mix, but sometimes things aren't what they seem. While I wouldn't have set out to adopt a pit bull, I am so glad we did by accident. She is a wonderful dog, but boy is she crazy. She has several different "phobias" that I am sure will be a part of future posts. (She's the furry one up top!)

I guess you are probably wondering where my picture is...good question! I am usually the one behind the camera so they are few and far between. So the best I have offer right now is our Christmas picture! And that is us...Sims-Party of 4 (and one crazy dog!)

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you have joined the blogging world.

    As for the pic placement, you can drag and drop them where the need to be placed. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete