Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

Well, tomorrow is the big day! Valentine's Day, of course. I will get to spend the day with 2 out of 3 of my favorite people in the world (plus the crazy dog). Z is not coming home from college for the weekend so we will celebrate from afar. Next Wednesday, my oldest child will turn 21 years old. That number strikes fear in the heart of this mama! Something about college, apartment, freedom and 21 years old just scares the daylights out of me. Now, don't get me wrong, he is a good kid but KID is the operative word here. He is still a kid and he's my kid! The bright side is that his car insurance premium should drop a little, maybe below $200 a month if we are lucky.

Speaking of getting older, I am going tomorrow to do something I have been putting off for a long, long time. Yes, I am going to the eye doctor! Pray that I don't have to get a "starter" pair of bifocals. My eyesight has been getting worse and worse and for some reason I put off going to see if (ha) I need glasses. It is now not a matter of "if" it is a matter of how strong! I guess I thought it would make me seem older to wear glasses, but now that I have decided to take the plunge, I have found some really cute styles out there. I know that hubby and youngest child are really looking forward to an afternoon of eyeglass sampling. Maybe I will have to take them somewhere special for dinner after we are finished.

Have a great Valentine's Day and be on the look-out for a crazy lady who will be seeing things clearly for the first time in a long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment